PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO RSVP:
The Southern University Alumni Home Chapter and the Southern University Alumni Federation are hosting a reception to honor our African-American state and city leaders. We want to recognize them for their accomplishments and their efforts to help make our great state and city a better place for everyone. Come and meet our leaders and congratulate them.
The reception will be held at the Fieldhouse on Feb. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m. The event is free but you MUST register.
Invited and confirmed guests are as follows, but not limited to:
- Department of Transportation & Development Secretary, Mr. Shawn Wilson
- Department of Revenue Secretary, Ms. Kimberly Robinson
- Department of Environmental Quality Secretary, Dr. Chuck Carr Brown
- Louisiana Workforce Commission Executive Director, Ms. Ava Dejoie
- Planning & Programming-Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Johnny Anderson
- Special Counsel Office of the Governor, Ms. Erin Monroe Wesley
- Assistant Commissioner for the Division of Administration, Ms. Desiree’ Honore Thomas
- State Representative, Attorney Edward “Ted” James
- Director of Constituent Services, Ms. Kim Farris LaCour (Home Chapter Member)
Not only will we recognize our Black Leaders but we will award several $500 book scholarships to students in need while they attend our beloved University.