|Thank you for your interest in the Home Chapter scholarship award.
High School Applicant General Criteria:
1. Book scholarships shall be awarded to incoming Southern University students who attend High School in East Baton Rouge Parish.
2. Each recipient will receive a one-time only scholarship from the Home Chapter.
3. The scholarship awards will be disbursed through the Home Chapter Scholarship Committee upon receipt of proof of enrollment at Southern University. Applicant must present a paid billing statement.
4. Scholarships will be awarded based on essay, high school cumulative GPA, and ACT score.
5. Each applicant must submit an acknowledgement letter to the chapter upon award and participate in a Home Chapter meeting/event for recognition purposes.
6. In order to be considered, the student must plan to attend Southern University, complete the attached application and meet the High School specific criteria.
|High School Specific Criteria:
1. A Cumulative 3.0 GPA
2. Minimum ACT score of 20
3. Two page essay on why the candidate chose to attend Southern University and A&M College
4. Provide a copy of his/her High School/College Transcript (seven semester)
College Applicant Criteria:
1. A Cumulative 2.5 GPA
2. Provide a written explanation of your financial emergency and reason(s) for requesting this scholarship.
3. Provide a copy of his/her last semester and current semester class schedule.
4. Provide current college transcript.
Scholarship Applications Must Be Mailed to:
Attention: SU Alumni Federation Home Chapter Scholarship Committee
500 Jesse Stone Ave. Box #12321 Baton Rouge, LA 70813